- Grainy surface.
- Risk of warping on large flat areas.
- Uneven wall thickness can affect accuracy in the form of non-linear shrinkage.
- Threads of less than M10 are not recommended directly in the plastic. For smaller threads and strengthening purposes, HeliCoil or Trisert thread repair inserts are a good idea. In the case of HeliCoil, please inform us before we manufacture the parts so that we can enter the threads directly in the CAD model and fit the thread inserts later on. External threads of less than M10 are not recommended. These are machined into the finished part.
- For surfaces with an angle of less than 20° to the X/Y plane, distortion due to the layer effect (stepping) can be marked. The steeper the angle, the better the surfaces.
- To obtain a press fit, ensure a gap of 0.1 mm (average particle size X2). This fit will be slightly looser on wear (particles work loose over time).
- To obtain moveable parts printed in a workpiece, ensure a gap of 0.4 mm in X/Y/Z. It is also important that loose powder in the gap can be removed.
- Working hinges can be easily achieved in polypropylene. However, it is important that one takes care when first opening the item to which they are attached, so as to ensure longer service life of the hinge. Hinges can also be made from PA2200, but their service life tends to be shorter.